Bad breath can be a serious problem socially speaking. It is very repulsive and makes social interactions quite uncomfortable. Millions of people around the world are suffering from this common problem, also known as halitosis. Thus, to get rid of bad breath and maintain good oral hygiene, there are a few things to consider. Hence, brushing your teeth twice daily, cleaning your tongue and using a good mouthwash is extremely important. I have already covered different DIYs regarding a homemade toothpaste. Thus, it is time for the best DIY homemade mouthwash to banish bad breath completely. Keep on reading!
I want to share this version of a homemade mouthwash because most of the commercial ones are alcohol-based. I’ll admit, they give quick results, but they also kill the good bacteria you need. Thus, it will dry out and irritate your mouth in the process. The store-bought mouthwashes are also loaded with toxic chemicals you should avoid.
Hence, this homemade mouthwash is not only a healthy choice but also a great alternative in the long run. You will use common ingredients that are safe for you and the environment. However, the best part is you can adjust the quantities and certain ingredients according to your taste and preference.
Let’s try it out, this is the recipe for a DIY natural baking soda mouthwash.
Baking soda will deodorize your mouth and will whiten your teeth in the process. I love it especially because it will also combat cavity and will take care of mouth sores. What’s not to like at the sound of that, am I right?
Here is the entire list of the ingredients:
– 2 drops of food-grade peppermint essential oil
– 2 drops of food-grade tea tree essential oil
– ½ cup of distilled water
– ½ cup of Aloe vera gel
– 2 teaspoons of baking soda
How to make this:
1. Use a funnel to pour ½ cup of fresh aloe vera gel into a bottle and set it aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to a ½ cup of distilled water.
3. Add 1 or 2 drops each of peppermint and tea tree essential oils to the baking soda solution.
4. Stir well to mix the ingredients.
5. Add the baking soda solution to the aloe vera gel.
6. Close the bottle and shake it well to thoroughly blend the solution with the aloe vera gel.
That’s it. You can also refrigerate the DIY mouthwash to use for a refreshing cleaning.