Whether you’re a seasoned chef or you are lighting up a candle, it is almost impossible to avoid a minor burn. This would also be the case of exposing yourself to the sun for too long. Hence, you might be facing a minor burn. Furthermore, once you sustain a minor burn, the first step would be to go under cold running water. However, the next step would be to nourish the skin and protect it from infections. Thus, you can provide the nourishment with an amazing DIY homemade salve made of essential oils for minor burns. Keep reading and see the recipe.
About the ingredients, all I can say is that they are all very beneficial. For example, the coconut oil can relieve the pain and irritation of minor burns. Moreover, the olive oil will deeply moisturize the skin to help it recover quickly. The beeswax gives the salve its waxy texture and forms a waterproof layer over the burn to keep it protected. However, the essential oils are the ones that have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Thus, these are the ingredients that make the salve very efficient.
Here are the ingredients and measures you will need to prepare this salve:
– ¼ cup of extra-virgin coconut oil
– ¼ cup of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of beeswax pellets
– 10 drops rosehip essential oil
– 5 drops of lavender essential oil
– 15 drops of calendula essential oil
– 10 drops of chamomile essential oil
– 15 drops of red clover blossoms infused oil.
Follow these instructions:
1. Put 2 tablespoons of beeswax in a microwave-safe container.
2. Then, start adding the ¼ cup of extra-virgin coconut oil to it.
3. After you microwaved the ingredients on high until they melted completely, allow the mixture to cool down a bit.
4. Then, you can safely add the ¼ cup of olive oil and the rest of the essential oils.
5. Mix everything well and then pour the prepared blend into a glass container.
6. Secure it with a lid and let the mixture to solidify completely into a salve. That’s it.
How can you use this salve to treat your minor burns? Well, start off by cleaning the affected area and apply the salve liberally over the affected skin. Then, you should probably cover it with a medical gauze. You could also reapply the salve after 3 hours for about 3 times every day. This DIY homemade salve for minor burns will last you for 6 months in a cool place.