Pineapple, mixed with other ingredients, can be an effective drug for tuberculosis patients, but also for those with other lung problems. Studies have shown that pineapple juice can dissolve mucus faster than cough syrups.
Also, pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C, which fights free radicals and allows airways function more effectively. Pineapple has many other health benefits such as relieving arthritis and regulating blood pressure.
Here is how to prepare a pineapple cough syrup at home:
– 2 thick slices of fresh pineapple (peeled)
– 1 tablespoon of organic honey
– 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (you can omit or reduce the amount if administrated to children)
– 1 piece of ginger root (thumb size), peeled and sliced
– the juice squeezed from 1 lemon
Don’t remove the pineapple’s core because it’s very healthy. Put the pineapple and ginger in the blender and mix them. Squeeze the juice obtained and mix it with honey, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
Keep it in the fridge and drink it when necessary, ideally at the first sign of a cough or sore throat. This juice has an expiration date between 7-10 days.
Image Credits: Youtube