Athlete’s foot is a medical condition that manifests as a contagious fungal infection on the skin of the feet. To make this infection worse and more painful, it is usually spreading between the toes. Thus, ladies, this summer you will need to get ready for sandals with your beautiful feet. Hence, keep reading and find out how you can get rid of athlete’s foot with an incredibly natural DIY foot soak.
Firstly, due to warm and moist places, these fungi thrive in your feet, which are often covered by socks and shoes. Thus, there you have it, an ideal breeding ground for infection. This being said, the condition is called athlete’s foot because it is most common among athletes. However, athletes are not the only ones to deal with it, unfortunately. For most of us, the infection will appear as a skin rash, spreading to the toenails. As a conclusion, we think is quite painful if left untreated, so let’s get into it.
Thus, we need strong and effective natural ingredients. Furthermore, make yourself a solution for a foot soak to treat Athlete’s foot with the following ingredients you’ll need:
– one tablespoon of borax, which will act as a fungicidal agent
– 2 tablespoons of baking soda which will help to keep the skin dry
– 5 drops of lavender essential oil which is an incredible anti-inflammatory agent.
– about 4 drops of patchouli essential oil which will act as a stronger anti-inflammatory agent.
Now, these are the instructions for your DIY foot soak:
1. Fill a large tub halfway with lukewarm water.
2. Add the tablespoon of borax and the 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the water.
3. Add the 5 drops of lavender essential oil and the 4 drops of patchouli oil.
4. Swirl the water with your hands to mix the ingredients completely in the water.
5. Soak your affected foot in the footbath for 15 minutes. Relax in a chair for a comfortable resting position.
6. Then, wipe your foot comfortably with a dry towel.
7. Make sure to dry the area completely, including between your toes.
8. Repeat the process once each day for about 10 days to get optimum results.
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy your happy feet!