A bruise (contusion or hematoma) is the result of a hit which caused the formation of a blood clot. The small blood vessels under the skin can be very painful if they are struck. The medical term for this problem is “hematoma”. It can develop either in the muscle or bone tissue. In this article we present the best natural remedies to treat bruises quickly.
• After you got hit, apply a cold compress or some ice to the affected area. You can, for example, use a bag of frozen peas from the freezer.
• Dip a cotton swab in cold vinegar and apply it on the bruise, pressing gently (not too hard as it can be painful).
• Crush a few leaves of fresh almonds and add a little water to form a paste – this can prevent the formation of the bruise. Apply it on the affected area.
• After you got hit, apply a cold piece of red meat to the affected area to relieve pain and to reduce the bruise formation.
• Prepare a paste of parsley and a little butter. Grease the affected area with this mixture.
• Put a compress with arnica on the bruise. Just boil a handful of arnica leaves for 15 minutes.
• Clean and grate some apple and apply them directly to the skin or cut them into pieces and encase them in thin gauze, then apply them to the affected area.
• Fry a few slices of onion in a pan, then wrap them in gauze. Apply this compress on the bruise and let it work for a few hours.
• Add 20 grams of crushed marigold petals in half a liter of water boil it for several minutes then allow the liquid stand for 15 minutes. Take a cloth (preferably cotton) and moisten it in this tea. Apply it as a compress on the bruise.
• Prepare an infusion from 25 g of witch hazel leaves and half a liter of water, boil it for 15 minutes and allow the liquid to cool. Soak a cloth in the infusion and apply it to the bruise, allowing the liquid to cool on the skin.
• Dissolve 10 drops of immortelle essential oil in a spoonful of almond oil. Apply this mixture on the bruise with a cotton swab dipped in hot water. Leave this remedy act overnight.
• Put three tablespoons of salt on a cotton cloth, fold it and dip it in a bowl with warm water. Apply the compress on the affected area after about 8 hours after the hit.
• Mix lemon juice with a tablespoon of salt. Soak a cloth in the mixture and massage the bruised area for a few minutes.
Add a handful of anise leaves in a cup of boiling water. Cover the dish and make a cotton bandage. Apply it on the affected area. Change the bandage often.
Put a handful of dried lemon balm leaves in a bowl then cover them with 250 ml of almond oil. Leave them to soak for 15 days (stirring once a day), then strain the liquid. Melt 25 g of beeswax in this mixture, then add two gel capsules of vitamin E. Put this mixture in the refrigerator and when you get a bruise, apply the treatment directly on it.
Image Credits: Shemazing