Garlic is a very powerful kitchen staple to which no gum infection stands a chance in front of. It has a sulfur compound called allicin with potent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, this is what makes garlic a strong natural ingredient for medicinal purposes across the globe. Hence, to get a quick relief for gum infection and teeth pain, you can make your own remedy. Keep reading and see how to DIY a homemade remedy for gum infection and teeth pain.
Here it is, the recipe for a homemade paste made of garlic to combat gum infection and teeth pain:
This is a powerful mixture to treat a gum infection so tread carefully. For example, the clove oil is a potent antimicrobial that will leave a numbing effect on the applied area. It will also provide temporary pain relief, while the garlic juice fights off the infection.
So, these are the ingredients you’ll need:
– ½ teaspoon of clove essential oil
– 5 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
Here’s how to make this:
1. Use a garlic press to crush 4 or 5 peeled garlic cloves and collect it in a bowl.
2. Place the crushed garlic on a cheesecloth and bundle it up.
3. Twist and squeeze the cheesecloth to extract 1 teaspoon of garlic juice.
4. Then, add ½ teaspoon of clove essential oil to 1 teaspoon of garlic juice.
5. Soak a sterile cotton ball in the solution and place it over the gum infection.
6. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then remove the cotton.
7. Make sure to rinse your mouth with a salt solution if the garlic solution feels too strong.
That’s it. You can use this garlic soak 2 or 3 times a day for 4 to 5 days or longer until the gum infection is gone completely.