Did you know there are a lot of bacteria in your mouth? And quite often? Well, some of that bacteria helps with your oral biology by maintaining it healthy. However, dodging brushing and flossing your teeth may lead to plaque and tartar buildup. This is how most of us get to the point of tooth decay. Hence, we need to treat it right away to prevent that. Thus, you can get rid of plaque and tartar buildup with natural ingredients only. Check out this DIY toothpaste you can easily make at home.
The ingredients you will need:
– 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 5 tablespoons of a combination of baking soda and sea salt
– about a tablespoon of stevia powder
– 20 drops cinnamon or clove essential oil, your choice
– around 20 drops peppermint essential oil
– a small bowl
– and a small glass jar
To make this toothpaste, you need to follow these instructions:
1. First of all, you need to warm up the coconut oil. Thus, you can do it either by Baine-Marie or microwaving it for a few seconds. Remember, you only need to liquify it.
2. Then, measure all ingredients into a bowl and stir until completely blended.
3. Store the finished product in a lidded glass jar. That’s it.
How to use this DIY toothpaste to get rid of plaque and tartar buildup?
Apply about a ½ teaspoon of toothpaste and brush your teeth. Make sure to also get into the other surfaces in your mouth. Hence, a good brushing is the key. The paste will liquefy almost immediately when you put into your mouth. Thus, there is no need to add water. Then, all you have left to do is to swish the liquid around. When you are done, spit out the remainder and rinse with water.